I haven’t blogged for ages! The last time I rambled into a laptop as about 3 years ago and it was about a totally different subject to music.
Times have changed and last year I moved to a bigger place and was able to dig out all my studio equipment that has been in storage for the past 5 years. And although I’m still working on getting my studio room sorted, I improvise a studio setup either on the kitchen table or on the floor in our spare room in-between decorating it.
My current studio setup looks a bit like this:
OR alternatively it looks like this:
And also sometimes like this:
My current setup consists of:
- Novation Bass Station II rack synth
- Novation A Station rack synth
- E-mu Orbit sound rack synth
- Korg N1R rack synth
- Zoom RFX-1000 digital reverb and mult-effects
- Lexicon MX200 Stereo Reverb/Effects Processor
- Roland TR-8 drum machine
- Spirit Folio SX20 mixing desk
- Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 Audio interface
- Eurorack modular synth (more about that in another post I reckon)
- Yamaha HS50M monitors
- Carillon Control25 midi keyboard
- Cubase Artist 8.5
Oh and I’ve also pre-ordered the Behringer MS-101 which I’m very excited about!
And although I do seem to be spending most of my spare time at the minute working out how to connect all this stuff together (I spent 3.5 hours the other week soldering together some custom-length midi cables for example) I am also working on finishing off a bunch of songs that will form my first album later on this year.
So – exciting times ahead and watch this space for more confused rambling. Think Jack Kerouac but without the psychedelics or literary talent. Sorry about that…